Saturday, October 12, 2013

West Point Homecoming 2013

Army Beats Eastern Michigan 50 - 25

Mike and I took the Seastreak Ferry from Wall Street in Manhattan to West Point about an hour and a half North of us on the Hudson River. 

 
We woke early to be at the Ferry by 8:30 a.m.


 


This is Pier 11 at Wall Street which is the pier Mike goes into every day on his way to work. From the pier he walks a couple of blocks up Wall Street toward Trinity Church to the subway and heads to Brooklyn.
 
 
From the pier you can see the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge across the East River.


Approaching West Point by water.  At the South Pier.






WEST POINT HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME 2013
 




West Point Alumni, family and friends were everywhere.

The band was small but good.

Selfie photo. 
Yes, Mike has on a MakerBot T-shirt. :)
 
 
 
45 minutes after the game everyone met back at the boat for the relaxing ride home after a great game.

Since my Dad wend to West Point  (Class of 1956) and my Mom went to Eastern Michigan I would have been happy with either team winning, but while at West Point I had to cheer for Army.



I felt very close to my parents this weekend. 
I love you Mom....I miss you Dad!

GO ARMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment