Mike and I were amazed at how beautiful the zoo was. We didn't know what to expect and thought it may be like Como Zoo in St. Paul, but it was more like a safari version of Disney World.
Many of the buildings had animal heads sculptured right into the building. Below you can see two giant elephant heads. One on each side of the entry to the visitor's center.
There was a Condor at the zoo that had a 10 foot wing span and a feather choker around its neck. It was truly impressive and confident....however, the picture didn't turn out. So here are Pink Flamingos. :)
This Gorilla was a hoot! I have about 20 pictures of him as he was such a poser for the camera. I don't know why but every time I looked at him her made me smile.
All the classic zoo animals were present....
who knew that Giraffe patterns came in a variety of sizes and designs?!
Lions, tigers, and even bears....oh my!
It was a great afternoon. We had so much fun. I highly encourage a trip to the Bronx Zoo if you've never been.
No comments:
Post a Comment