Museum Mile on the Upper East Side
On Saturday Mike and I decided to take in the Met and view the American Wing, Modern and Contemporary Art, and Photographs.
If you've ever been to the museum you'll understand why we could only view three settings. The museum is huge and we were there four hours and saw only a quarter of it. We are planning to go back over two or three more visits to see the entire offering.
The American Wing
Mike and I have really been getting into American History.
We loved visiting Philadelphia a couple of months back and recently purchase/downloaded four American History books including American Creation, 1776, Founding Brothers and American Sphinx. I'm still on American Creation. Mike is already on American Sphinx. Courtney gave me a book for Xmas, Lean In, so I've been splitting my reading time between several books. :)
As we stood in front of Washington Crossing the Delaware Mike began to spew his newly acquired knowledge and I had to smile when it became obvious that people were listening to him speak. :)
George Washington
This was interesting....we had never seen a museum archive. There was a section of the American Wing with rows upon rows of collections. It was very cool to weave up and down the rows and see the various collections in what the Met called "The Archive".
There was artwork, glassware, tools, hinges, and so on.
We highly recommend the Met. We loved it.
Wow, I would love to go there with you sometime! Carol
ReplyDelete