Snow, Sun, and the Minnesota State High School Hockey Championship!
On Friday six inches of heavy, wet snow fell.
Mindy didn't care as long as she was able to ride in the car with us.
The weather report said that the snow wouldn't last and that we'd have 60 degrees and sun on Saturday so Mike and I planned a day at the beach...
...and the weather man was right!
Within hours the sun was out, the snow was gone and we were at the beach. I saw this little girl playing in the sand and it made me smile...she looked like Kristen when Kristen was in about the 5th grade. :)
Our original plan was to drive to Atlantic City, but we only got to Union Beach about a half an hour South of where we are living.
The devastation from, Sandy, the Super Storm back in October 2012 was so evident and clean up was still going on that it made it hard to enjoy being a "tourist" when it felt more like you were a "gawker"
So, back in the car we went after a quick lunch and milk shake at the local diner.
EDINA WINS !!
Satuday night Mike and I were glued to the TV watching the Edina Hornets take their 11th Minnesota State High School Hockey Championship.
I was so excited I could barely hold the camera straight.
Go Hornets!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Great picture of Mindy at the top!
ReplyDeleteI agree!! and way to go Hornets!!!!!!
Delete