The Samsung office in Seoul, Korea is located Gangnam "South of the River", which actually has two very distinct districts; one older and more formal and the other young, hip, with clubs, places to eat and coffee shops hence the song....Gangnam Style.
The city is actually quite sophisticated with interesting architecture...
...and great places to eat. I liked the Korean food I tried. Lettuce wraps with rice, a spicy red paste, beef, chicken, and/or pork, vegetables and lots of garlic.
Kristen, I thought you'd like this artistic photo of the bathroom sink in one of the restaurants we ate at.
The main streets look like what I have shown above....behind the main streets are more traditional looking market streets with LOTS and LOTS of signage.
I made many new Samsung friends from all over the world. I was the only American of about 200 attendees. I stood out with my blond hair and fair skin.
Several times I was asked if people could get their picture taken with "The New Yorker" which always made me laugh because I'm a Midwestern gal...haha!
I was surprised at how many industries Samsung is involved in. I always knew Samsung had great technology, and appliances like microwaves, refrigerators, and washer dryers...but who knew they made cars, owned car dealerships, hotels, construction companies, and even fashion stores. I bought Mike a tie at Samsung FASHION which is a high end fashion store.
Headquarters for Samsung is in Suwan, Korea which is about an hour south of Seoul. From what I understand there are approximately 600 bus trips per day from Seoul to Suwan to transport the 35,000 employees making the daily trip.
So cool, mom! Great pics. Love creative architecture and design.
ReplyDeleteLinda, your pics are great! Fascinating place... Carol
ReplyDelete